Policies, Rates and Reservations
- We require two-night minimums on weekends (Fri and Sat) and recommend 3-5 night minimums over major holidays.
- Any hotel nights reserved that are cancelled with less than 72-hours notice will incur charges.
- Any adventure hikes reserved that are cancelled with less than 48-hours notice will incur charges.
Items To Bring
- For safety reasons, canine guests should only wear flat or limited slip collars during their stay with us. Martingale, metal or chain collars are not permitted.
- Canine guests may bring items from home (toys, bed, bedding, chewies, treats) provided they can be trusted alone, unsupervised with these items in their room. Any non-edible items that gets chewed will immediately be removed for safety reasons.
- LABEL everything! Do not bring any items that you cannot bear to lose.
Meals and Medications
- Food should be brought in gallon Ziploc bags and labeled. Alternatively, we serve high-quality Canidae Chicken or Lamb brands of food which are rated by the Whole Dog Journal among the best foods available.
- Prescription medication must be brought in their original labelled containers. NEVER PRE-MIX MEDICATIONS IN FOOD.
- Unfortunately, we cannot administer injectable medications or administer medications prior to 6 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
To enjoy Citizen Canine Hotel and Day Care services, canine guests must be:
- Well-socialized and friendly to people and other dogs. Canine guests who are not friendly with people or other dogs may not be eligible to participate in our programs.
- A minimum of 16 weeks old.
- Current on age-appropriate vaccinations. All guests must provide proof of DHLPP (at least 2 rounds), Rabies (if over 6 months) and Bordetella (annually). Bordetella is an intranasal or injectable vaccine for canine cough that should be administered at minimum 7 days prior to boarding. Similar to a flu shot, this vaccine covers only a few strains of canine cough and is not a guarantee of immunity.
- Spayed /Neutered if over 7 months. Intact male or female dogs over 7 months of age may not be eligible to participate in any of our programs.
- Have completed a consultation at our facility with a trained behavior evaluator. We use this time to learn about each canine guest’s social, behavioral and medical history, explain our services, answer your questions, and give you a tour of our facility. The consultation also gives you and your dog a chance to “sniff us out.”
Citizen Canine offers a highly interactive boarding and day care where each guest will socialize with new people and dogs on a daily basis. This is not an appropriate environment for all dogs, and in some cases, we may refer you to a different service that better suits your dog‘s needs.
Our Rates are All-Inclusive!
• Four outdoor group play times, three meals, and medications included every day.
• No extra charge for special feeding requests!
• No extra charge for puppies or senior dogs!
• Call to find out about our discounts and cost saving packages!
We recommend making reservations as far in advance as possible. During peak travel times (summer, spring break, ski season or holidays) we can fill up 4 – 6 weeks in advance.