Rates, Reservations and Policies
Our Rates are All-Inclusive!
- Four outdoor group play times, three meals, and medications included every day.
- No extra charge for special feeding requests!
- Call to find out about our discounts and cost saving packages!
- Check here for our current Dog Boarding Rates.
- Check here for our current Dog Daycare Rates.
We recommend making reservations as far in advance as possible. During peak travel times (summer, spring break, ski season or holidays) we can fill up 4 – 6 weeks in advance.
Or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also fax updated vaccinations to: 510-562-0132
- We require two-night minimums on weekends (Fri and Sat) and recommend 3-5 night minimums over major holidays.
- Any hotel nights reserved that are cancelled with less than 72-hours notice will incur charges.
- We request daycare reservations be cancelled 24 hours in advance.
- Holiday reservations (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) : Changes to stay must be made 2 weeks prior to scheduled arrival date. Late arrivals or early departures will incur charges for the entire stay.
Holiday Schedule Policy
During peak winter holiday dates (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s) we require a $150 per pet per night deposit with a valid credit card on file. Deposits may be refunded within the cancellation time frame outlined in the reservation confirmation email.
There is a $20 holiday surcharge for each night of boarding that falls within our peak holiday dates.
There is a 3-night boarding stay minimum for dogs checking in on the following dates:
- Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve, Christmas day and the day after Christmas
And a 2-night minimum for dogs checking in on
- New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
Changes to stay must be made 2 weeks prior to scheduled arrival date. Late arrivals or early departures will incur charges for the entire stay.
Items To Bring
- For safety reasons, canine guests should only wear flat or limited slip collars during their stay with us. Martingale, metal or chain collars are not permitted.
- Canine guests may bring items from home (toys, bed, bedding, chewies, treats) provided they can be trusted alone, unsupervised with these items in their room. Any non-edible items that gets chewed will immediately be removed for safety reasons. Please limit to 3 items.
- LABEL everything! Do not bring any items that you cannot bear to lose.
Meals and Medications
- Food should be brought in gallon Ziploc bags, or other small sealable non-glass container, and labeled. Alternatively, we serve high-quality Diamond brand Chicken or Lamb food which are rated by the Whole Dog Journal among the bet foods available.
- Prescription medication must be brought in their original labeled containers. NEVER PRE-MIX MEDICATIONS IN FOOD.
- Unfortunately, we cannot administer injectable medications or administer medications prior to 6 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
To enjoy Citizen Canine Hotel and Day Care services, canine guests must be:
- Well-socialized and friendly to people and other dogs. Canine guests who are not friendly with people or other dogs may not be eligible to participate in our programs.
- A minimum of 16 weeks old.
- Rabies is required every 3 years by law. Puppies must have a minimum of 2 rounds of DHPP vaccinations prior to staying with us. Distemper/Parvovirus boosters or titers are required every 3 years, or according to your veterinarian’s recommendation. For upper respiratory disease, we require Bordetella and the Canine Influenza vaccination. Bordetella is an intranasal vaccine for canines. We require Bordetella vaccines be updated annually, but many veterinarians recommend vaccinating every 6 months if your dog is in regular social contact with other dogs. Similar to a flu shot, this vaccine covers only a few strains of canine cough and is not a guarantee of immunity.
- Spayed /Neutered if over 7 months. Intact male or female dogs over 7 months of age may not be eligible to participate in group play, but our welcome for day care or boarding with our enrichment program.
- Have completed a consultation at our facility with a trained behavior evaluator. We use this time to learn about each canine guest’s social, behavioral and medical history, explain our services, answer your questions, and give you a tour of our facility. The consultation also gives you and your dog a chance to “sniff us out.” Due to covid-19 we are completing consultations over the phone. In some cases we may ask you to bring your dog for a trial day of day care so we can learn more about them.
Citizen Canine offers a highly interactive boarding and day care where each guest will socialize with new people and dogs on a daily basis. This is not an appropriate environment for all dogs, and in some cases, we may refer you to a different service that better suits your dog‘s needs.