A Balanced Approach to Dog Daycare
Our unique dog daycare program provides your dog with a fun-filled day without over-exertion or over-stimulation. The blend of alternating playtime and rest time promotes positive behavior and reduces stress.
At Citizen Canine, our popular dog daycare program in Oakland, CA is designed to help with teaching your dog proper play when interacting with other dogs as well as socialization with people, various objects, and environments. All while being supervised by our highly trained dog handlers to create the ultimate play-care experience!
Benefits of Citizen Canine's Dog Daycare program:
- Important social, mental and physical stimulation for your dog while you are busy at work.
- Over 5,000 square feet of play yards at our Oakland, CA dog daycare facility equipped with toys, slides, tunnels, K9grass, and pools.
- Highest staff-to-dog ratios of any day care in the Bay Area.
- Small, social groupings tailored by size, temperament, and play style for an enriching social experience.
- Vet and behaviorist recommended program that encourages a balanced day of alternating play and rest.
What Does Your Dog Do At Home All Day? We’ll Keep Him Occupied For You!
If you worry about your dog while you are away at work, or you just want your furry best friend to have a day of fun, exercise and attention, our dog daycare is just what your dog needs. At Citizen Canine's dog daycare, all dogs will receive the optimum amount of play, exercise and rest each day
Group-Appropriate Outdoor Play
While spending the day at Citizen Canine, your dog will have ample opportunities to socialize with other dogs, similar in size and age, in a safe environment monitored by our trained staff. Your dog will have plenty of space to run around in one of our outdoor play yards. With over 5,000 sq ft of outside yard we have room for all sizes and style of play. When you pick up your dog after a day of doggie daycare, you’ll find your companion to be calm, content, and ready to relax with you
Exercise Body & mind
Rather than worry your dog is bored, not getting enough exercise and/or damaging belongings or furnishings while you are away at work, choose to give your dog a fun place to go while you are away. At Citizen Canine, we have tailored our dog daycare services and activities to meet your dog’s needs.
How To Sign Up for Dog Daycare
Our Dog Daycare program welcomes socialized dogs and puppies that are current on their vaccinations. We require a complimentary interview to learn your dogs social behavior and medical history prior to your dogs first day of daycare
To enjoy Citizen Canine Dog Daycare services, canine guests must be:
- A minimum of 16 weeks old.
- Current on age-appropriate vaccinations. All guests must provide proof of DHLPP, Rabies, and Bordetella. Bordetella is an intranasal or injectable vaccine for canine cough that should be administered a minimum of 7 days prior to daycare. Similar to a flu shot, Bordetella covers only a few strains of canine cough and is not a guarantee of immunity.
- Well-socialized and friendly to people and other dogs. Canine guests who are not friendly with people or other dogs may not be eligible to participate in our programs.
- Spayed /Neutered if over 7 months. Intact male or female dogs over 7 months of age may not be eligible to participate in any of our programs.
- Have completed a consultation at our facility with a trained behavior evaluator. We use this time to learn about each canine guest’s social, behavioral and medical history, explain our services, answer your questions, and give you a tour of our facility. The consultation also gives you and your dog a chance to “sniff us out.”