A Vacation Experience for your Dog!
Citizen Canine is the Oakland, CA area's premier location for dog boarding. Whether your dog prefers lounging poolside with in-room massages or sports and socializing, our staff can provide a personalized vacation experience through our dog boarding service. We're conveniently located near the Oakland International Airport.
Our Dog Boarding Amenities include:
- Private indoor, climate-controlled rooms with raised dog beds and noise-minimizing walls.
- An all-inclusive daily schedule of exercise playtime, rest, relaxation, and healthy nourishment.
- Over 5,000 square feet of play yards equipped with toys, slides, tunnels, K9Grass and pools.
- A variety of Customized Activities available to suit the tastes of different guests, from energetic fetchaholics to pampered pups. Call us for all the details!
- Overnight staff onsite for 24/7 care.
To ensure the health and safety of our guests, all dogs must meet the following requirements.
Boarding Your Dog At Citizen Canine
At Citizen Canine, we know you need to leave your pets with someone you can trust. Pet parents trust our award-winning staff to deliver the best care possible in the Oakland area. We make your pets our first priority and it shows!
What makes our Boarding Different
While staying at Citizen Canine, your dogs can expect the excellent care they deserve.
Some of the ways we accomplish this are:
- A balanced daily routine to keep them mentally and physically stimulated throughout the day.
- Play groups for your dog based on size, temperament, and your dogs play style.. This encourages both a safe environment and a positive social interaction.
- Both AM and PM room service, including custom meals, room cleaning, and TLC.
- Daily Wellness checks to ensure your dog receives the attention and care they deserve.
- Family sized suites for dogs of the same family.
- Senior Care and Puppy packages available.
- Voted Best Place to Board your Pets in Oakland and the East Bay 2015, 2016, and 2017!
- 24/7 Care and Comfort: Our facility is professionally-staffed around the clock to respond to our guests’ every need. All staff is trained in responding to emergency situations, and we have a sprinkler system in case of emergency.
All Dogs receive a complimentary brush and spritz after a five-night stay!
As an extra service we offer baths, nail trimming and ear cleaning, using Earthbath grooming products. Prices vary based on size and length of coat. We want all our guests to be as comfortable as possible in our care. For this reason, we will not force a grooming procedure if your dog is stressed or scared.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Citizen Canine we pride ourselves on offering the best pet care services in the bay area. We have a high staff to dog ratio. Our highly trained and certified staff are on the premises 24 hours a day to care for our canine friends. The loving professional staff work hard to make sure each canine guest feel as though they are on vacation fille with friends and fun.
Many of our guests are first-time boarders. If your dog enjoys the company of other dogs, the daily playgroups are a great outlet for the anxiety caused by being away from home. We offer love and t-touch sessions for dogs that need some extra human TLC to help them feel comfortable. It is not unusual for dogs with separation anxiety to stop eating -we monitor all meals and will add tasty treats, hand feed, or sit with dogs during mealtimes to make sure they do not miss too many meals.
If you are planning a longer vacation, we also recommend (and sometimes require) a trial day care or overnight stay to help your dog acclimate to our environment and routine prior to an extended stay.