To enjoy Citizen Canine's Dog Boarding and our Dog Daycare services, all canine guests must be:
- A minimum of 16 weeks old.
- Current on age-appropriate vaccinations. All guests must provide proof of DHLPP, Rabies, Canine Influenza H3N8, and Bordetella. Bordetella is an intranasal or injectable vaccine for canine cough that should be administered a minimum of 7 days prior to daycare. Canine Influenza, often referred to as the dog flu, is a highly contagious viral infection affecting gods. Both the Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccine cover most strains of the virus(es) but are not a guarantee of immunity.
- Well-socialized and friendly to people and other dogs. Canine guests who are not friendly with people or other dogs may not be eligible to participate in our programs.
- Spayed /Neutered if over 7 months. Intact male or female dogs over 7 months of age may not be eligible to participate in any of our programs.
- Have completed a consultation at our facility with a trained behavior evaluator. We use this time to learn about each canine guest’s social, behavioral and medical history, explain our services, answer your questions, and give you a tour of our facility. The consultation also gives you and your dog a chance to “sniff us out.”
Citizen Canine offers a highly interactive dog boarding and dog daycare where each guest will socialize with new people and dogs on a daily basis. This is not an appropriate environment for all dogs, and in some cases, we may refer you to a different service that better suits your dog‘s needs.