Three Treats You Can Make For Your Dog
When it comes to feeding your dog, you are probably a lot like most dog lovers. You want the very best, in both taste and ingredients. Below are three recipes that you can make yourself, for delicious tasting dog treats. At least my dogs love them, and I am sure yours will too. They are made with healthy ingredients so you know that your dog is getting the best treats possible. They are based on favorite holidays. You don’t have to wait for the holidays to make them for your dog, but they are designed so you can let your furry family members partake of the holiday festivities right along with the rest of the family. Here is a great recipe to make for your dog for Thanksgiving. They will love these treats.
Thanksgiving Feast Treats
• ½ pound of extra lean ground turkey
• 1 large sweet potato
• 2 cups of whole wheat flour\
• Dried cranberries
• Heat the oven to 350 degrees
• Grease a baking sheet
• Combine all ingredients except cranberries and mix
• Roll dough into golf-ball sized circles.
• Press them down into a cookie shape
• Press cranberry into the center of each
• Bake for 20 minutes, cool, and feed your dog
If you love smoothies as most of is do; don’t you think your pooch would love them too. You can prepare a healthy smoothie for your dog and you will find that they begin to drool every time they hear the blender.
Strawberry, Mango, Kale Smoothie
• 2 handfuls of frozen mango chunks
• 6 strawberries
• A handful of fresh kale
• A tablespoon of Flaxseed Oil
• A cup of coconut water
Mix it in the Blender and serve it to you dog.
Do you ever get the taste for something really cheesy? Your dog probably does too. Here’s a simple recipe they will beg for.
Healthy Cheddar Biscuits
• 1 cup flour
• ½ cup beef broth ( or chicken broth)
• 2 Tbsp. crushed flax seeds
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• Shredded cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine liquids, add flour and flax seeds. Rub hands with olive oil. Form dough into golf-ball sized circles. Put shredded cheese on top of balls. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let them cool. Feed to your dog.